Terms & Conditions
All information on this website is provided in good faith and for general information purposes only. British Blinds ('we' or 'us') will endeavour to ensure that all information published on this site is accurate and up-to-date. We reserve the right to make changes and corrections at any time, without notice. British Blinds accepts no liability for any inaccuracies or omissions in the British Blinds website.
Any decision(s) a visitor to the British Blinds website makes based on information contained in the website is (are) at the sole discretion of the visitor. Any subsequent damages suffered are also the sole responsibility of the visitor. British Blinds accepts no liability for any direct, special, indirect or consequential damages, or any other damages of whatever kind resulting from whatever cause.
This website and its contents (including all associated domain names and brand identities) are the property of British Blinds. None of the material may be used without our prior, written permission. All information supplied on this website is subject to copyright protection and as such, copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property throughout this website remains the property of British Blinds.
You may only reproduce material and/or content of this website for your own personal, non-commercial use. It is strictly prohibited to copy, reproduce, publish, display, broadcast or use this material in any commercial forum unless explicitly authorised to do so by British Blinds.
Order, Manufacture, Delivery & Fitting
Any alterations to the specification and details taken at the time of the order can be accepted within 2 days of the date on the order. They must be notified immediately to your British Blinds expert.
- Shade Variation
Whilst every effort is made to keep colour constant we cannot be held responsible for minor shade variations from the sample colour in which the customer has ordered the blinds. We cannot guarantee that the shade of any accessory products will exactly match the shade of the blinds.
- Creasing & Bruising
It is not always possible to avoid some creasing or bruising from occurring during the handling or packing of your blinds. We guarantee that all creases, bruises or other pressure marks will ‘hang out’ within a maximum of 12 weeks provided that the blinds shall have been removed from the original packaging and hung from rails within 7 days after delivery.
- Roman Blinds
Whilst Roman blinds are pleasing to the eye and fashionable, there are inherent difficulties in manufacturing which we would draw customers’ attention to:
- i) Roman blinds are usually made from curtain fabric which differs from roller blind/vertical blind fabric as it is soft and not specifically manufactured for this purpose.
- ii) It is not possible to manufacture Roman blinds to exact millimetre sizes. Although the fabric is cut to exact size and manufacture of the blind is to the exact size, the final steam pressing process can cause fractional rates of shrinkage to different qualities of fabrics. However, we do guarantee the blind to be within 15mm of the sizes that you have specified.
- iii) Although checked and striped fabrics are suitable for making curtains from, normal curtains manufacturing tolerances are not fine enough for what we would consider a satisfactory appearance on Roman blinds. Although we will make blinds from striped and checked fabrics this is carried out on the understanding that the stripes will not necessarily be vertically aligned with the sides of the blind and with checked fabrics the squares will not necessarily run exactly in alignment with the top, bottom and side edges.
- Hand-woven Fabrics - Roman Blinds
The charm and characteristics of hand-dyed, hand-woven fabrics lie in the irregularity of their weaving; and as the yarn is dyed prior to weaving it may appear to vary in shade across the fabric. Similarly, part of the charm of these fabrics is that no two lengths are identical. These are perfectly normal characteristics which add depth and texture and should not be considered a fault.
We recommend DRY CLEANING and we strongly recommend that blinds be protected by a good quality curtain lining. Colour match and pattern match cannot be guaranteed. Please note that natural and hand-woven fabrics will have slubs of thick and thin yarns and may not be colour fast to light or washing.
- Silk Fabrics - Roman Blinds
Natural silk has probably been dyed using vegetable dyes. Use of such dyes does not allow light fastness of the fabric to be guaranteed and the fabric WILL fade. Thus, we recommend that it is not used in circumstances where it is exposed to direct or reflected sunlight or artificial light, and, in particular, in rooms with a south- facing aspect. We advise that where appropriate, lining and interlining be used. If used for curtains, it is prudent to reduce the leading edge. Weaving variations will occur as they are a characteristic of silk and should not be considered as faults. Colour and pattern match cannot be guaranteed. If you cannot accept the characteristics of silk then we will be pleased to show you other alternatives.
Anticipated delivery dates are approximate and whilst we use our best endeavours to meet delivery dates, we cannot be held responsible for any delay. Neither shall such delay constitute a breach of contract.
- a) When booking fitting appointments it is not always possible to guarantee an exact time of arrival or the duration of the fitting work as jobs are scheduled for the most economical use of our fitters time and fittings can occasionally overrun, thus causing delays.
- b) Any areas to be covered must be clear of furniture, pictures, ornaments and appliances prior to the fitter’s arrival. If you require the fitter to undertake area clearance this can usually be arranged (at extra cost) provided adequate notice is given.
- c) Please advise your British Blinds expert of any pipes or cables which are close to the area where items are to be fitted. Neither British Blinds nor the fitter will be held responsible for damage caused unless such hazards are brought to our attention before the work commences.
- d) Please advise your British Blinds expert at the time of the order if your walls are not standard. Certain walls can cause problems during and after fitting. If any remedial work is required the fitter may make an additional charge for this work. Remedial work may also result in the fitting being delayed.
- e) In certain cases it may be necessary to fix to your window frames. If this is unacceptable please inform your British Blinds expert at the time of order as alternative fixing methods will need to be discussed.
- f) If possible, we request that the customer is present for the arrival of the fitter so that details of the fitting can be discussed. If the customer chooses not to be present when the fitter arrives, we will fit using our best judgement, but any alterations will be chargeable.
Any complaints or queries must be notified in writing to your British Blinds expert within 14 days after delivery of the blinds.
- Price & Payment
The price quoted at the time of order is for custom made blinds. All balances due on this order are payable on delivery and fitting.